Welcome Anonymous

Board index The Line-Up Board Stocks & Bombers

Stocks & Bombers

2010 H.O.T pure stocks

Stock Cars, Hobby Stocks, Hornets and anything that looks like a car, but doesn't drive like one. Rip off the chrome, bust out the glass and go!

Re: 2010 H.O.T pure stocks

Postby 22pure » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Well let me see if I can straighten a few of you out…. :P

First I’ll be right up front and say me personally I don’t care what people do in what class and I'll likely be racing elsewhere and HOT will still be HOT however just in case Gene/Selby whoever is paying attention.

I’d be just fine with the texas dirt modified rules found here http://www.texasdmotorplex.com/html/rul ... ds%20Rules

But I realize that won’t work for most people..

Pures, well they are nowhere close to where they started ... vac rule is good ... compression rule would also be good like a 9-1 ... leave the 8"wheels and put street tires back on and limit the size .

I’t really doesn’t make sense anymore to buy a new radial tire that’s really not mean’t to run on dirt for the same price as a racing tire that performs better on dirt and is probably safer especially without the use of beadlocks.
Holley 350 carb
No idea what the thinking is there… Certainly not a “stock “ carb.

Streets , back to stock bodies ...enforce the CI and piston/rod rule and put Hoosier 500s on them ... 2bbl on stock manifold no BOWTIE

I agree on the bodies simply because it doesn’t look like a stock car however I don’t race the class… maybe that’s what the guys IN that class want? Interesting choice on tires.. :idea:

I agree cruisers need to go back to the Enduro rules, 7 in wheels, STOCK bumpers, 70 series tires, No nerf bars, 18 inches of vacum @1200 and a compression rule. and automatic transmissions. As far as the pure stocks 15 inches of vacum @1200,compression rule, Jack J. carbs only! Tires i dont really care either way but the Hoosier IMCA G-60 are easy to find. street stocks need to have factory appering bodies ENGINE in stock location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with most of that especially the carb deal :) but dunno about the nerf bar deal. I had a car one year without nerf bars and it wasn't pretty. Maybe you guys like beating out the dent's and rebuilding your front end every week.. I don't! Take a look at some of the hobbys and see how long those cars last... They are throw away cars.

drivers should conform to rules that are already set.

Didn’t I already say the same thing..

What they should do and they won't is to have somebody who actually cares ,can read and comprehend, rewrite ALL the obsolete rules and clearup some obvious inconsistances in the book, maybe have a rules meeting with some input from the drivers and then apply them to everyone

Heres an example of an ambiguous paragraph straight from the purestock rules…

Small block Chevrolet approved steel head casting #'s are as follows: 014,
195, 267, 330, 336, 339, 388, 393, 441, 445, 454, 487, 493, 545, 598,624,
642, 709, 799, 813, 862, 881, 882, 920, 991, 993, 997, 14102187,
14102191, 14102193, 14022301, 14014416, 354434, 1414440, 367450,
517513, 14020555, 14022601, 358741, 14022801, 3297185 with
maximum intake valve size is 1.940 and maximum exhaust valve size is
1.500. Big block Chevrolet must use open chambered heads. Ford cars, no
after market or SVO heads. Chrysler cars, no after market W2 heads, 360
inch heads only. Must be 76 cc heads or larger.

Silver63 wrote:That is what I meant Jack...drivers should conform to rules that are already set. If you were are going to have a meeting right now to discuss Street Stock, Pure Stock, and Cruiser rules you're gonna have 3 diffrent groups of people.

Group 1 (The "I wanna go faster but don't want to move up" group.)
This group will want the rules to match there cars now. They have already pushed the "grey" areas and have already sank the $$$ into making there cars run up front in there respected class but they don't want to move up a class.

Group 2 (The "I follow the rules and might win once a year" group.)
These guys run mid pack and abide by the set rule book handed out at the start of the year. They will want the current rules highly enforced.

Group 3 (The "I run what class I can afford and belong in and it shows" group.)
This group will want the rules to go back to where they were 5 years ago. Where cruisers are weekly enduro cars, Pure Stocks are the beginner class and street stock is where you race if you've been racing for a while.

You know you’re correct. In fact I hope I'm in all three groups.
I think a guy should run a class that you can afford , meets your skill level and that you can be competitive in… This usually equates to having fun. You seem to suggest that those that you can’t run up front and be within the rules which I don’t think is necessarily the case..
Yes a meeting in the off season to DISCUSS rules is appropriate but it should be up to the track to decide if a new rule is allowed in. If a driver or group of drivers push for a new rule...there is usually a reason they do it. (go faster, performance advantage, good deal for them but not neccisarily the whole field.)

Andy there are a bunch of things that have changed over the years that were brought up by drivers. Ask Peddler about the front bumpers. Sometimes change is good and voting on a rule change is not a bad deal regardless of the intent. It might not be prudent for a Gene to make decisions on the cars themselves but might be for his tech men. My deal with voting is that many times rule changes were made at the suggestion of one or two people and no consideration to input from the rest of the class. Nobody is going to be happy with all the rules but a majority vote is the fairest way. Personally I think people spend too much time worrying about what other guys are doing instead of trying to figure out what they are NOT doing that you can do to be more competitive.
JUST APPLY THE SAME DAMN RULES WRITTEN OR UNWRITTEN TO EVERYBODY!

Okay I'm done... I swear :lol: :lol: :lol:
22pure
Contender

Postby iamsupaman76 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:05 pm

um ....... what??????
I.B.A RACING CEO AND FOUNDER
YOUR GIRLFRIENDS BIGGEST FAN
2010 POTW CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!
iamsupaman76
Crew Chief

Postby JUGHEAD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm

jack i think you just sumed all this bull sh*t up in one post.
Bobby Cox Street Stock #74
2010 281 Speedway Street Stock Champ
JUGHEAD
Crew Chief

Postby Always Smooth 16oz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:29 pm

I think the rules are fine if everyone would abide by those rules in each class, if the so calledtech men would tech each class the same there wouldnt even be this discussion. The classes are fine, the rules need to be enforced! SIMPLE AS THAT! 8^)
Always Smooth 16oz
Rookie Driver

Postby Peddler » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 am

The only reason I mentioned the Holley carbs is that the current choice of carbs for both the Pures, Cruisers, and Hobbys is a carb that is 25 + years old. castings wear out, parts are hard to find and not as readly available as the Holleys that are still being produced and have a quick supply of parts.

Bumpers you say Jack? I am a proponent of bumpers no wider than the frame horns ... I lobbied for this in the Street Stock over 15 years ago and have proved that one doesn't need a cattle catcher front bumper in order to race on dirt...maybe mount the radiator in front of the bumper to teach some how to drive (not you Jack).

The tire idea was to equal the cars ... as most know if you can't get grip then the big motors have no advantage.

Like I said ... I no longer race so it's just suggestions.

Later
This message is supported by bailing wire and duct tape
Peddler
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Silver63 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:32 am

Jack Jenkins for HOT techman in 2010? :lol:
Andy Roller
I.M.C.A. Hobby Stock #63
2008 IMCA Hobby Stock Track Champion 281 Speedway

2010 KSP IMCA Hobby Stock King of the Hill "Fan's Choice Award" recipient!
2011 IMCA Hobby Stock Track Champion HOT Speedway
2011 Abilene Speedway "Southern Challenge" Winner
2011 HOT Speedway "Fall Classic" Winner
2011 IMCA Hobby Stock "Texas State" Champion
http://www.chargerchassis.com/
Silver63
Seasoned Veteran

Postby iamsupaman76 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:59 pm

he's late on the starts and falls asleep at 10...... i vote NO!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
iamsupaman76
Crew Chief

Postby bevo3p » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:57 pm

:roll:
proud suporter of I.B.A. RACING!!
double tha trouble for 2010!!!
CAPT. C.B.F.D.
bevo3p
Crew Chief

Postby koeter » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am

if u aint in pure stock then why u whinnig about the rules!!!!!!!!!
7k motors? how funny!!!!!!
how many Mike Barnard,MDS, outlaw races engines or Kenny Drake motors are in pure stock????
i watched all year long and found the fastest car in pure stock then went to talk to the driver n his motor guy,they are going to help me next year.
if u KNOW that there are 383s in pure stock PROTEST or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!
fast n cheap=UNRELIABLE
cheap n fast=not fast
FAST n RELIABLE=NOT CHEAP
racing is cheap winning AINT!!!!!!!!!!
koeter
Rookie Driver

Postby iamsupaman76 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:45 pm

koeter wrote:if u aint in pure stock then why u whinnig about the rules!!!!!!!!!
7k motors? how funny!!!!!!
how many Mike Barnard,MDS, outlaw races engines or Kenny Drake motors are in pure stock????
i watched all year long and found the fastest car in pure stock then went to talk to the driver n his motor guy,they are going to help me next year.
if u KNOW that there are 383s in pure stock PROTEST or shut up!!!!!!!!!!!
fast n cheap=UNRELIABLE
cheap n fast=not fast
FAST n RELIABLE=NOT CHEAP
racing is cheap winning AINT!!!!!!!!!!

ang this is why O-G will make a return!!!!! :wink:
iamsupaman76
Crew Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Stocks & Bombers

• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 1 minute)
  • Most users ever online was 173 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:27 am