Elbows Up

General discussion about junk and things and stuff and what not.
 #47741  by TRACK ANNOUNCER
 Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 pm
Next time you hire a locksmith. You might want to know a few things before picking up the phone and calling one.

When you call a locksmith. You need to let them know who you are, what services you need, the location of the locksmith serivices to be performed, your name and a phone number to reach you. But that is not all you tell a locksmith. You also need to inform the locksmith that you will need to see his or her locksmith license that is registered with the Texas Department of Public Safety when they arrive. This license will have a photo ID with signature on the back. If the photo does not match the person you see in front of you. Ask to compare the signature on that license to his drivers license. If this does not match or if the locksmith tells you anything along the lines that they do not have to have a license, do not have a license or any other reason to not show you one will only mean that this individual is NOT A REAL locksmith.

Why ask for a license?? All legal locksmiths must be registered with the state. All locksmiths must pass a FBI background check. All legal locksmiths must be finger printed. Locksmith licenses must be filed with the state for both the individual and the company as well. Locksmiths must attend and take tests that are approved by the state on a periodical basis to maintain a locksmith license. They will also be on record with the state in case a locksmith that was in good standing suddenly goes bad with a criminal record. This locksmith individual will then loose thier locksmith license.

If you are not concerned about all this. YOU SHOULD BE. Why??? First off. It is a $4,000.00 fine AND up to a year in jail to the locksmith for performing locksmith duties with out a license. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY TO YOU. IT IS THE SAME PENALTY TO ANYONE HIRING A LOCKSMITH WITH NO LICENSE!!!

Bad locksmiths are known to make extra car/house/business location keys for future criminal activity when making keys used for your property. Assults, poor service, no insurance ( Locksmith insurance is a requirement when registered with the state ) and other issues have been related to locksmiths that have no fear of the law or individuals who support legal business practices.

It does not matter what service a locksmith is called upon to perform. Car/Home lock outs, Home/Auto/business re-key work, safes, repairs and more all must require a license.

Locksmiths that work cheap, use no marked work vans, do not display the business license number on vehicles or in the vehicle and refuse to show pocket locksmith licenses are often first signs of illegal locksmiths.

Know you know your tip of the day.
 #251144  by Dogsledder
 Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:04 am
Is it any coincidence that right now, the AD on this page is for finding a locksmith?
 #251223  by MUDPIE
 Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:06 pm
ANOTHER THANG TO KEEP A EYE ON IS ILLEGAL DIRT TRACK RACE CAR DRIVERS. IT IS TOTALY ILLEGAL TO RACE IN IMCA WITH OUT A IMCA LICENSE. THESE DRIVERS USE FAKE IDS TO ENTER IMCA RACES AND TAKE TROPHYS AWAY FROM UNSUSPECTIN LEGAL IMCA DRIVERS. AND THEN THE NEXT THANG YOU KNOW YOUR KIDS,YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FANS START LOOKIN FOR A NEW HERO TO LOOK UP TO. THEN THE DEPRESSION AND SENCE OF PANIC SETS IN. SO YOU BUY A BUNCH OF EXPENSIVE PROFORMANCE RACE PARTS HOPEIN TO MAKE YOUR CAR GO FASTER. WHICH LEADS INTO THE WIFE LEAVIN AND TAKEIN THE KIDS AND YOUR MOTHER WITH HER. NOW YOU HAVE NO ONE TAKIN CARE OF THE HOUSE. SO YOU TAKE ON THAT TALL TASK ALL BY YOURSELF. NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO WORK ON THE RACE CAR. YOU ARE BROKE FROM BUYIN CAR PARTS YOU FALL OUT OF THE TOP 10 IN THE POINTS STANDINS. YOUR LONG TIME RACEIN BUDDIES CALL MEALS ON WHEELS AN GET THEM COMMIN OUT TO FEED YOU. THE FOOD DOESN'T TASTE GOOD BECAUSE IT'S NOT YOUR WIFES COOKIN. SO YOU START TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND YOUR FIRESUIT AND RACE CAR SEAT DOESN'T FIT ANY MORE. YOUR RACEIN CAREER AND LIFE STARTS TO FALL APART RIGHT BEFORE YOUR VERY ON EYES. YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND START DOOR SLAMIN OTHER DRIVERS ON THE TRACK TRYIN TO FINISH NEXT TO LAST IN THE HEAT RACES. WHICH LEADS TO A BLACK FLAG AND YOUR RACE CAR BACK ON THE TRAILER. SO YOU LEAVE THE TRACK BEFORE THE FEATURES ARE RUN. YOU HAVE TO GET ON ELBOWS-UP TO FIND THE RACE RESULTS CAUSE YOU CANT GO TO SLEEP WONDERIN WHO WON. THEY DON'T POST THE RESULTS THAT NIGHT. SO YOU HAVE TO STAY UP FOR 48 HOURS CHECKIN EVERY 30 MINUTES ON THE PUTTER FOR THE RESULTS. UNTILL FINELY THE BOYD RESULTS SHOW UP IN THE MOD BLESS AMERICA SECTION. FINALY RELIEF IS JUST A CLICK AWAY. :shock: YOU OPEN THE POST. AND DAMNIT!!! SOME IDIOT CALLED MUDPIE IS TALKIN ABOUT THE SNACKBAR AND SOME LAME SPRINTY DUDE SNEEKIN IN THE TRACK. SO YOU STOMP THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR PUTTER TILL IT IS FLAT AS A PANCAKE AND PASS OUT DUE TO EXHUASTION AND LACK OF SLEEP. THEN YOU WAKE UP LATE FOR WORK AGAIN WITH A BROKE FOOT. YOU GET FIRED FROM YOUR JOB. SO YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE YOUR INSURANCE IS CANCLED AT WORK. THE DOCTOR TAKES YOU RIGHT INTO SURGERY AND PUTS A BUNCH OF SCREWS, RODS AND METAL PLATES IN YOUR FOOT. WHEN YOU WAKE UP THE DOCTOR TELLS YOU THAT YOUR RACEIN CARREER IS OVER FOR GOOD AND YOU WILL GET USE TO THE LIMP AND PAIN. :cry: :cry: :cry:
SO KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED. AND DON'T FALL VICTIM TO ILLEGAL RACE CAR DRIVERS RACEIN WITHOUT A IMCA LICENSE. IT COULD END YOUR LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT AND MAKE YOU WALK WITH A LIMP.
JUST ANOTHER "KNOW YOUR KNOW" TIP OF THE DAY. HOPE THIS HELPS. MUD 8^)
Last edited by MUDPIE on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #257633  by MUDPIE
 Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm
WITH A NEW YEAR RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO CHECK AND MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR LOCKS ARE IN GOOD WORKIN ORDER. ALSO, MY NASA BUDDIES AND I HAVE A IMCA LICENSE SCANNER IN THE WORKS TO DETECT THE FAKE IMCA LICENSE. WE HAVE ONE OF THEM FAKE IMCA LICENSE INK PEN MARKERS THAT IS READY AND WORKIN. BUT IT'S NOT AS ACCURITE AS THE SCANNER WILL BE. IM TRYIN TO GET SUPA A SPOT ON THE SHARK TANK SHOW. SO WE CAN MAKE THIS GO GLOBAL. AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE GET A CHANCE TO HIT ON THAT JAW DROPIN QVC HOTTIE, :shock: LORI WHATS HER NAME. THAT'S WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT. :P
 #258491  by MUDPIE
 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm
THERE HERE, THE IMCA FAKENADER 2000, LICENSE SCANNER IS HERE AND WORKIN LIKE A CHAMP. THEM NASSA BUDDIES OF MINE ARE FRICKIN SMART SUMGUNS. AND THE BIGGEST PARTY NERDS I EVER SEEN. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS. ALL YOU IMCA ILLEGAL LICENSE TOTEIN THEIVES. THE PARTY IS OVER. :twisted:
LOOK FOR THE IMCA FAKENADER 2000 AT A PIT GATE NEAR YOU. :wink: 8^)
 #258607  by MUDPIE
 Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:46 pm
WELP, LOOKS LIKE WE HAD OUR FIRST REPORT OF ILLEGAL IMCA DRIVERS AT KENNADALE SPEEDWAY PARKS BIG SPRING RACE SHINDIG. YEP, I LET MY OTHER BROTHER DARRYL USE ONE OF THE FAKENATER 2000 IMCA LICENSE SCANNER. TO CHECK THE THANG OUT AND SHOW HIM HOW EASY IT WAS TO WORK. TO HIS SUPRISE NOT ONE BUT TWO DRIVERS TO BE FIRST GETTIN CAUGHT. TRYIN TO TAKE SOME POOR UNSUSPECTIN LEGAL IMCA RACERS TROPHY. WAS NONE OTHER THAN HOLLYWOOD SAM COX AND AND THE PILOT SEAN JONES. :shock: :oops:
SAM HAD SOME COCKAMAMEY STORY ABOUT HOW HE HAD GAVE THAT FAKE YANKEE TROUBLE MAKER SPRINTY THE MONEY TO GO PAY FOR HIS IMCA LICENSE WHILE HE WAS BUSY WORKIN ON THE RACE CAR. HE MADE A BIG SCENE CLAIMIN THAT IN FACT HE WAS THE ONE THAT GOT RIPED OFF. NOT KSP. SEAN ON THE OTHER HAND SAID SOMETHIN TO THE EFFECT, THAT IMCA SUCKED AND HE WOULDNT GIVE THEM A DIME FOR A STUPID PEICE OF PAPER THEY ARE SELLIN AS A LICENSE. HE JUST WANTED TO PLAY WITH HIS NEW RACE CAR, HAVE SOME FUN WITH HIS FRIENDS, EAT SOME OF PEDRO COORS BBQ RIBS IN THE PITS AND KICK ALL THE OTHER DRIVERS BUTTS ON THE TRACK.
PS. SPRINTY, SAM'S LOOKIN TO GET A HOLD OF YA. YOU MIGHT WANT TO GIVE UM A CALL. :roll:
 #258608  by Conductor
 Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:13 pm
MUDPIE wrote:SAM HAD SOME COCKAMAMEY STORY ABOUT HOW HE HAD GAVE THAT FAKE YANKEE TROUBLE MAKER SPRINTY THE MONEY TO GO PAY FOR HIS IMCA LICENSE WHILE HE WAS BUSY WORKIN ON THE RACE CAR.

. . .heard he tried paying with 'bitcoins'

:roll:
 #258814  by MUDPIE
 Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:48 pm
WELL, SAM GOT AHOLD OF SPRINTY. YEP, SAM PUT A LITTLE SQUEEZE AROUND SPRINTYS NECK AND POOF MONEY POPPED RIGHT OUT OF HIS POCKETS. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THAT ON SPRINTY MYSELF. I WANT TO SEE SOME MORE MONEY POP OUT OF SPRINTYS POCKET. HIS GRANDKID TOLD ME, MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES. IT COMES OUT OF GRANDPA SPRINTYS POCKETS. JUST HUG HIS NECK REAL TIGHT AND POOF OUT IT COMES. 8^) SWEET